YouTube is now available in: Arabic, Bulgarian, Lithuanian, Romanian, Slovenian, Ukrainian and Vietnamese!
- 5 new countries: Argentina, Sweden, Poland, New Zealand and Czech Republic, get YouTube Partner Program.
- Video editor let you combine and trim videos right on YouTube.com, without installing any software. Now you can add transitions, like crossfades and wipes, between video clips. Just select transitions tab in the media picker, drag the transition and drop it between any two videos in the storyboard.
- Automatically share YouTube activities on MySpace account. Go to Account > ActivitySharing and click “Connect accounts” next to MySpace logo.
- YouTube Charts can now be filtered by categories such as Comedy, Gaming and Pets & Animals, in addition to time and popularity “slices.” Also showing 20 results per page.
- Improved screen reader accessibility of YouTube player for visually impaired people. If you use a screen reader that supports Flash, you’ll find it easier. Also added more captioning features to YouTube Data API. You can list tracks, request auto-timing, and download speech recognition captions for videos that you own.
- France YouTube viewer can now watch full-length TV shows, like BFMTV: Bourdin Direct and Britain’s Got Talent.
- HD and CC (Closed Caption) badges on YouTube search results.
- “Add-to playlist” widget: The [+] button on video thumbnails in search results now includes a menu that allows you to add video to any one of your playlists or start a new playlist. Additionally, “save to” button below the video is being renamed “add to” and will have same functionality.
- Visited video styling on search results and video pages: Launched a new style for thumbnails and links to videos in related and search results: thumbnail for visited videos is slightly grayed, and the link color has changed. This should help you explore the site deeper without going in circles.