YouTube is now updating all the channel with the new redesigned homepage and channel layouts launched in December — thus making it easier to connect with the video you love, discover and follow a whole channel of great content from the creator or curator, and organize all the channels in a always updated new homepage.
For starters, you’ll now see every channel organized into one of four channel templates customized to suit different types of creators:
- The Blogger template: A featured video, a reverse chronological list of videos from 1 playlist of your choosing, playlists, and other Channels.
- The Creator template: A featured video, featured playlists, and other Channels.
- The Network template: A featured video and featured Channels
- The Everything template: A featured video, featured playlists, and featured Channels
Google also revealed that since the updates was launched in Dec 2011, the “daily unique visits to channels have increased by 60 percent since December 2011”; and the “daily net subscriptions are up 50 percent since December 2011.”
YouTune also built new features to help you stay more engaged with the channels including the “Channel Feed,” which will show all the videos uploaded to a channel, as well as playlists and Liked videos across YouTube. “The channel feed makes it clear what you’ll get if you subscribe. When you do, this feed will also be published on your homepage so you can keep up with all the latest activity from your favorite channels,” YouTube said.
YouTube also incorporated over the past six months a number of feature requests from users including:
- a “Featured tab” with improved templates and a search feature to help you program it more easily
- making “Favorites” more accessible, and turned it into a customizable part of all channel
- and, a link to add Google+ Profile to channels.