Powered by the Office 365 Management Activity API and the Office 365 Security & Compliance Center, Yammer collaboration platform is rolling out new auditing and reporting capabilities.
The new capabilities provide a higher level of visibility for IT and build on the announcement earlier this year that Yammer is now covered by the Office 365 Trust Center.
“Office 365 Management Activity API is a RESTful API that already provides visibility into user and admin transactions across SharePoint Online, Exchange Online and Azure Active Directory. The Office 365 Security & Compliance Center aggregates these transactions into a single searchable log,” writes Office team.
The API provides a consistent schema across all activity logs and allows organizations and ISVs to integrate Office 365 audit data into their security and compliance monitoring and reporting solutions.
In addition Yammer apps for iOS and Android is updated as well and now allows IT administrators to protect their corporate data using mobile application management (MAM) controls in Microsoft Intune.
To access Yammer reports, from the Office 365 Admin Center, open Security & Compliance Center, then click Search & investigation tab and select Audit log search. While, through Office 365 Security & Compliance Center, you can view Yammer operations and details.
Currently, “audit history is retained for 90 days.” Admins can also export results to a CSV file for additional reporting in Excel.
More than 25 different Yammer operations spanning five categories will be made available for auditing:
- Users—including activating a user, suspending a user and deleting a user.
- Groups—including creating a group, adding a member to a group and deleting a group.
- Files—including creating a file, viewing a file and deleting a file.
- Admins—including exporting data, triggering private content mode and forcing all users to log out.
- Network settings—including changing network usage policy and changing data retention policy.
All these improvements will roll out to Office 365 commercial customers over the coming weeks.
To learn more about Yammer specifics API, you can refer following documents: “app registration and configuration in Azure AD to get OAuth working guide, Activity API reference describes API and various operations, Activity API schema describes schema of the data returned by the API.”
Below is an Infographic “The future of workplace productivity”:
The October 11 episode embedded below of Modern Workplace provided guidance on how organizations can manage these tricky policy decisions.
Office 365 accessible learning tools become available online, giving access to students with unique needs.
The team continues to expand the capabilities and availability of technology such as Learning Tools for OneNote, and many features previously exclusive to desktop are now coming to OneNote Online, Word desktop and Online, Office Lens, and beyond, to give more students have access to these tools.
New features in Learning Tools, currently available in OneNote wiil be adding to OneNote Online along with Microsoft Word desktop and Online:
- A Read Aloud feature reads text out loud with simultaneous highlighting improves decoding, fluency, and comprehension while sustaining focus and attention.
- A Text Spacing feature optimizes font spacing in a narrow column view to improve reading fluency for users who suffer from “visual crowding” issues.
- A Syllabification feature shows the breaks between syllables to improve word recognition and decoding.
- A Parts of Speech feature supports instruction and improves writing quality by identifying verbs, nouns, and adjectives. Available for OneNote desktop, Word Online and OneNote Online only at first availability.
Other features includeL
Also capabilities such as Immersive Reader in Word Online is coming soon. They will be discoverable in the View. Options are shown that let you adjust text spacing, page color, syllables, parts of speech, and read aloud.
Many of the capabilities in Learning Tools for OneNote directly support needs of the students with dyslexia, and in 2016 it was named a top app for Dyslexia.
Tools for writing that can help everyone such as new Editor feature in Word and Outlook for PCs and the refined spell-checker in Editor is available now.
Write Ideas, a Microsoft Garage project, was developed by Microsoft Vancouver interns and attempts to solve the infamous “blank page problem,” by offering students a pre-writing tool to give them a jump-start on their writing assignments.
With QuickStarter in Sway and PowerPoint, students get a head start on the creation process. Powered by the Bing Knowledge Graph, QuickStarter helps students by providing carefully curated outlines for any topic, including recommendations on information to include, categories to consider and associated images tagged with Creative Commons licenses.
Below you can see these feautes in the pictures and video embed: