Warning of higher advertiser competition and that you could see a decline in your search campaign performance, and that “Microsoft and Yahoo! sites (including Yahoo! Search, Bing, and partners), providing a sizable volume of 5.5 billion monthly searches and 32.7% search share – which’s nearly one-3rd of queries in U.S–in Canada, Microsoft and Yahoo! sites provide over 307 million monthly searches reaching 15 million searchers,” the adCenter blog has published following five recommendations for mid-October ad-serving transition:
- Increase your monthly spend to at least one-third of your overall SEM budget (U.S. only).
- Adjust your bids for more advertiser competition.
- Set keyword bids by match type.
- Expand your keyword list.
- Continue managing your Yahoo Search Marketing account.
Yahoo! also announced a webinar [Registeration] on Sep’29th at 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time/2:00 p.m. Eastern Time, for advertisers. It’ll include a live demo of an account transition, including guidance and best practices, an explanation of the differences between Yahoo Search Marketing and adCenter, resources, and Q&A.