Yahoo! mobile app for iPhone, uses Summly’s natural-language algorithms and machine learning to deliver quick story summaries — right on your phone.
Yahoo! had acquired Summly less than a month ago, and today it incorporated this game-changing technology in their first mobile application.
“The new Yahoo! app has both great technology and beautiful design front and center. Because searching for great content is also core to the Yahoo! experience, we’ve also improved the search experience with better video and image search,” Yahoo! CEO Marissay Mayer wrties.
Just select the types of stories you’re interested in. Within each article, you can easily select more of the topics you’d like to see, and less of those you don’t.
The more you use Yahoo!, the more relevant and interesting the experience becomes — on mobile and desktop.
When you’re signed into Yahoo!, the choices you make are saved across screens.
The Yahoo! app for iPhone and iPod touch is currently available in the U.S. on iTunes App Store.
Also, an update to Yahoo! Calendar rolling out today brings the cleaner and easier to use experience with following new features rolling out globally for Yahoo! Calendar.
The new features are available on calendar.yahoo.com or via Yahoo! Mail using the Calendar tab.
- View entire day easily: Now when you go to the Day view, you can see events for 8+ hours without having to scroll down.
- Specify event location more quickly: You can now easily add the location of an event using the quick add feature.
- Event previews: In Day view, easily get a preview of all the events on your calendar for that day, including important details like location and meeting organizer. To drill down on an event, just click once on the event entry and to edit, just double-click the event.
- Important and Urgent) to each ToDo. With new Priority View, you can see all ToDos across all ToDo lists grouped by priority. You can easily change priority of ToDos by dragging and dropping tasks from one priority section to another.
- Quick ToDo Addition: Miss that feature earlier? Not anymore. In every ToDo view, you can quickly add a ToDo inline at the end of the section.
- Marking as done: Like many of you, I love checking off a ToDo item off my list. Now marking a ToDo as done takes just one click. Hover on the ToDo and click on the check-box to mark it as done. Satisfaction!
- Postponing a ToDo: Many times we need to postpone ToDos to tomorrow or a later date. To make it easier, you can click on the Postpone icon on the right to push the due date out.