Yahoo! just introduced a fun, fast way to search and discover mobile apps: Yahoo! App Search for the PC, and AppSpot, a free mobile app for iPhone and Android users.
The ratings and reviews in app stores help, but with 425,000-plus apps in the Apple App Store and 200,000 apps in Android Market, discovering new apps you like isn’t easy.
App Search and AppSpot allow you to zero-in on any app by showing matching app titles with a full comprehensive description, price, overall star rating from users, and screenshots in one spot to help you with your decision: to download or not to download.
For an enhanced mobile experience, Yahoo! AppSpot delivers daily, completely personalized recommendations of the mobile apps you should consider based on the apps you’ve downloaded.
- Daily Personal Picks: Unlike ‘Top Apps’ lists that provide the same apps day after day, you’ll get new, personalized app suggestions on a daily basis, so you’re always introduced to the latest, most interesting, and relevant apps.
- More Precise Results: Using Yahoo!’s sophisticated search technology, quickly zero-in on an app by showing matching app titles as well as related keywords as you type.
- Related Apps: Discover similar apps within the “more apps you’ll love” section to find related apps that best match your needs.
- At-a-Glance Shopping: Review the price, overall star ratings, screenshots, and description all on one screen to avoid the endless scrolling.
- Fast & Easy Downloads: Direct links to the specific app pages within the Apple App Store or Android Marketplace make downloading an app a snap.
Yahoo! App Search to provide the best of both the PC and mobile worlds – you get the convenience and speed to shop on your PC and the ability to easily download apps on your mobile device.
Yahoo! AppSpot for iPhone and iPod touch:
Yahoo! AppSpot for Android:
[Source: Yahoo Search blog]