The Xbox Ambassadors Program season four beginning today October 1, is hoping to see even more “Ambassador”.
The community busy from July to September with over 5,000 Ambassadors having actively participated in the Program since July 1, writes Xbox team. Additionally, during season three, Xbox Ambassadors “earned a total of 14 Xbox One S consoles, 10 headsets, 18 controllers and 750 [email protected] games,” Xbox team said.
Further they announced that over the coming months, they’ll be introducing new spaces for connecting and engaging with Xbox users, a more interactive website experience and even better Rewards!
With everything that’s on the horizon, it’s truly a great time to sign up for the Xbox Ambassadors Program and start earning your laurels. Join today, and right out of the gate, you’ll be able to connect with fellow Ambassadors on Twitch, Beam and YouTube as well as take part in Missions geared around Xbox Feedback, Ambassador Support Chat and the Official Xbox Forums. Interested in seeing even more spots to mix and mingle as an Ambassador?
Here’s a sneak peek at what’s still to come:
- Ambassadors on Twitter. Launching mid-October, “Ambassadors will be able to interact and help out fellow Xbox users in 140 characters or less.”
- Xbox Ambassadors Club. Preview program members can join today Xbox Ambassadors Club and start use of Looking for Group (LFG) tool.
- Ambassadors on the new Xbox forums will be able to support and discuss more easily than ever before as soon as the forums launches.
Also, features due out this season for providing more visibility and education opportunities include:
Ambassador Profile update in the next month, will bring more interactive feel by allowing personalization. As well as Profiles will a one-stop spot for showing off “Activities completed and Badges earned throughout the Seasons.”
Last Season it was the Missions page, but this Season the Academy’s receiving a makeover!
The Team said, it’s planning a sparkly new Academy filled to the brim with important Xbox information out next month.
Also, a good news for fans, the Xbox One S “Gears of War 4” Bundle arriving in stores worldwide starting Oct. 11.
In addition, customers in the U.S. and Australia can get an Xbox One S “Gears of War 4” Special Edition Bundle starting Nov. 1.
Both bundles are now available for pre-order.
The Clio Awards 2016 recognize Microsoft as Advertiser of the Year. In addition, Xbox was awarded numerous individual Clios, “primarily for the Tomb Raider survivor billboard and Halo 5: Guardians Visualizer,” writes Microsoft.
“The Clio Awards, founded in 1959 to celebrate high achievement in advertising, annually recognize the work, the agencies and the talent that push boundaries and establish new precedent.”
“The Clio recognition for Microsoft’s advertising with their talented partners at McCann follows on Microsoft being highly recognized at the Lions awards in June of this year, including 20 Lions won by McCann, both for Xbox and #MakeWhatsNext campaigns,” added Microsoft.
And, in an interview published this week, Microsoft’s Phil Spencer made revelations that the company originally envisaged sales of 200 million units:
“The goal that the team had was to figure out how could we sell 200 million game consoles,” he said. “We’ve never seen a console sell that many units. The biggest individual console, the PS2, did 120 million or something like that.” In fact, by the time Sony ended production of the PlayStation 2, it had sold 150 million units, but even so, Microsoft’s goal was still a lofty one, Spencer said.
Update 10/02: Microsoft is releasing a new preview build for the Xbox One version tag of rs1_xbox_rel_1610.160929-1900. This build brings several fixes for media apps, along with some other minor fixes:
- Sky TV, Now TV, HBO GO: Resolved an issue which could prevent users from playing content in the following apps – Sky TV, Now TV, or HBO Go.
- Snap: Resolved an issue which sometimes caused stuttering when playing a game with a snapped app.
- Notifications: When receiving voice messages from another user, you should now receive a notification.
- Home: Resolved an issue which caused description tiles for most recently used games and apps to appear solid instead of transparent.
- Clubs: When viewing Clubs, you may still see the option to start a Club Party even if you are not a Club member.
As usual, you can grab the update by going to Settings -> System -> Console info & updates.