Kashou’s —”Inline AJAX Comments Plugin” —provides the ability to expand the comments of a post below the main post content using AJAX and is based on the code written by Mark Jaquith.
Demo: Click “Show Comments” in the Meta section under Post. You will find this on a Post “which has previous comments”.
The only limitation with this Plugin at this moment, is it does not function “with 0 comments post” i.e. to function, the post should have a previous comment on it. I have written to Kashou, if he can make this work with 0 comments Post, as with this way, we can completely remove “WordPress default comments link”.
- comments are downloaded once the user clicks the “show comments” link
- subsequent show/hide actions use the already cached comments
- plugin options page to configure comment ordering
- separate css stylesheet for easy customization
- easy installation into any theme
How to implement:
- Download inline ajax comments 0.3.
- upload the entire plugin folder to wp-content/plugins on your server
- activate the Inline AJAX Comments plugin in WordPress Administration
In addition to activating the plugin, you must add 2 new lines of code to the “index.php” or “comments.php” file of your theme; one for the link to expand/hide the comments and one for the location of the comments on the page. Both of these must be in “the loop.”
Choose where you would like to display the “Show comments” link and insert:
Choose where you would like to display the expanded comments and insert:
WordPress Plugin: Inline AJAX Comments