Windows Server Operating System Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007 released today on Microsoft Download Center provides the fundamental monitoring basics for computers running the Windows 2000 Server and Windows Server 2003, 2003 R2, 2008 and 2008 R2 Operating System.
“WSOS mp consists of the following five management packs: Microsoft Windows Server Library, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Discovery, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Monitoring, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, and Microsoft Windows 2000 Server,” revealed Microsoft.
“By detecting, alerting on, and automatically responding to critical events and performance indicators, these management packs reduce resolution times for issues and increase the overall availability and performance of your systems running the Windows Server operating systems, thereby helping to reduce the total cost of ownership,” the Redmond company said.
- Key Operating System Services: Required services are checked for status (for example, running, not running, or paused)
- Storage: Logical hard drives are checked for availability, sufficient free space, and integrity of the NTFS partition.
- Network: Network adapters are checked for connection health, name and IP address conflicts.
- Processor: System processor(s) performance is checked system-wide. Processors can optionally be monitored on a per processor basis.
- Memory: Memory consisting of physical memory and virtual memory (also known as page files) is monitored using the following performance indicators:
- Available memory (in MB)
- Pages per second
- Page file percent usage
Download Windows Server Operating System Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007 here.