At the MIX10 conference last year the Windows Phone team showed, for the first time, the application platform and tools that developers would use to build applications and games for Windows Phone 7. Now, as the MIX11 is looming around, Microsoft has posted some of the numbers that illustrate WP7’s developments over the course:
- 1.5 Million – Windows Phone Developer Tools, consisting of Visual Studio Express for WP and Expression Blend 4 for WP have been downloaded over 1.5 million times.
- 36,000 — We’d rather give a nod to the 36,000 members of the AppHub community who have voted with their wallets and become members of the WP developer community.
- “The number:” 11,500 — we’ve got apps; thousands of them. In fact our ecosystem generated 10,000 apps faster than anyone else, without padding the stats.
- 7,500 — So far, we’ve nearly 7,500 apps that are either paid in our Marketplace.
- 1,200 — While the 36,000 registered developers are nice to talk about, the 1,200 newly registered developers we’re adding every week is incredibly encouraging.
- 1,100 — there’re now 1,100 apps that’re generating developer revenue using the Microsoft Advertising Ad Control.
- 12 — WP customers download an average of 12 apps each month.
- 1.8 — Since opening the Marketplace for app ingestion developers have experienced an average time to certification of 1.8 days. Certification can yield a pass or fail, but developers get an answer on average in days — not weeks, nor months.
- 62% of all apps pass certification on their first attempt.
- 44% – Of all the paid apps in the Marketplace, 44% of them include access to a Trial version.
- 40% of the fully registered developer population has published an app or game, yet 60% haven’t yet published.
- 1 — It only takes one idea. One idea to get you started down the path of building an amazing app or game, reaching millions of people, or maybe just showing off to your friends. It only takes one.