J.J. Allaire on Windows Live Writer team blog —”The release of Windows Live Writer and the Windows Live Writer SDK was a very exciting moment for our team. We are so pleased to see so many people not only blogging with Writer but also creating Writer Plugins. The Writer team would like to thank all of the people who have been using Writer and/or creating plugins, especially those who took time to provide us feedback. We have received some terrific input over the last month and have learned a lot from you.”
As a result we have created a update to the Windows Live Writer 1.0 (Beta) that includes changes that address issues that were reported frequently or severely impacted your ability to use Writer. You can see a detailed list of the changes that are included with the update below.
We are also happy to announce that there is now a Writer community on Windows Live Gallery where you can upload and download plug-ins such as the “Blog This” extensions for Firefox and IE that let you blog using Writer directly from the browser or the “Insert Event” plug-in that lets you paste events from Eventful using the Windows Live Clipboard and persists the proper event Microformat when you post events to your weblog.
The following is a summary of the changes in the Writer 1.0 (Beta) Update:
- Tagging support
- Support for Blogger Beta
- Categories are sorted by name and support scrolling, plus improved support for reading categories from your blog
- Improved startup performance
- Paste is enabled for Title region and TAB/SHIFT+TAB navigation between title and body supported
- Insert hyperlink added to context menu when text is selected
- Title attribute in Insert Link dialog
- Custom date support for Community Server
- Improved keyboard shortcuts for switching views
- Change spell-check shortcut key to F7
- Add ‘png’ to insert image dialog file type filter
- More robust image posting to Live Spaces
- Improved style detection for blogs
- Fixed issues with pasting URLs and links
- Remember last window size and position when opening a new post
- Open post dialog retrieves more than 25 old posts | For more info….
Windows Live Writer 1.0 (Beta), Windows Live Gallery