According to Microsoft, the first development milestone of Windows Live Hotmail Wave 4 was introduced on August 31st, 2009. Here’s a list of changes:
- Auto Refresh of Inbox: If a user is logged into WebIM, their inbox’ll automatically refresh every 60 seconds.
- Auto save Drafts will automatically save email, every 3 minutes to the drafts folder while a user is composing them.
- Keyboard Shortcuts including shortcuts to match both Yahoo and Gmail. A new page in Options to choose what type of shortcuts you’d like to use are introduced. Click full list here.
- Contact Picker Improvements let users edit contacts in compose, recently e-mailed data used in auto-complete and contact picker, copy/paste enabled for IE, verify recipients enabled (upon completion of typing email address, Hotmail verifies if the email address is “valid”, flagged “Red” if bad, and user can edit entry. When a user hovers over email address, a tooltip explains the email address is bad.)
- Multiple email attachments can now be downloaded together as one zip file.
- WebIM Contact List is now available from the WebIM Dropdown
- A number of backend changes to improve performance on mobile devices/browsers
- Reply/Forward/Delete is now available from both the top and bottom of an email