Here’s some upcoming new features of Windows Live Hotmail Wave 3:
- POP Access: Microsoft have finally opened up Hotmail to POP access instead of clinging to their proprietary DeltaSync protocol.
- POP Aggregation: Hotmail will be allowing all users to import any other POP-enabled email accounts they have right from within Hotmail.
- Instant Access: a new tool that takes up this space and “integrates Live Search into Hotmail, allowing users to find and embed search results such as Web images, restaurants reviews, maps, directions, or movie times into their email, without having to leave the Compose Email page.”
- Web Messenger Integration
- What’s New Feed integration: After you have sent an email to a known contact in your contact list in Hotmail, the confirmation page will display the “What’s New” feed of that particular contact. It would be particularly useful to stay up-to-date with your contacts whenever you’re using a Windows Live service, as it seems like the “What’s New” feed is being implemented everywhere.
- New Ads Position: Hotmail has finally decided to move the the top banner ad to the right column
Finally, here’s the Wave 3 Launch Timeline: