The Windows Live Favorites team just announced, on their team blog, that WL Favorites V1 has been released.
Fresh out of Beta, WL Favorites is available in 37 countries and 11 languages. Built to compete with such bookmarking services as Del.icio.us and Furl, Favorites boasts integration with Windows Live Messenger, Live.com, Toolbar, and other Windows Live Services.
– Live Favorites Bookmarklet: — You’ve asked for it! We’ve now made available a bookmarklet so you can easily add websites to your Live Favorites account. Click here to get the bookmarklet now!
– Live Favorites Messenger Tab New Features: — We’ve got some great new features in our Messenger Tab:
- Folder Support – See all of your favorites in folders! Click on the small Folder icon to switch between Top Favorites and Folder Views.
- Favorite Count – See exactly how many favorites you have stored.
- Add Favorites – You can now add favorites directly from Messenger. Click the down arrow next to “Manage” to manage your favorites, add a favorite, or refresh Messenger’s list of favorites
The Messenger tab makes it very easy to access your Favorites directly from your desktop; Just look for the Messenger tab with the Favorites Star on it. You can move it higher in the Tab list too – go to the Tools Menu, select options, and then the Tabs item. From there you can move it on up!
– Live Favorites Web Site Enhancements: — Of course, your main place to access and manage your favorites is still our website at http://favorites.live.com. We’ve added a lot of enhancements for this release, check ’em out:
- Speed! – We’ve done a lot of work to greatly reduce rendering time on our site.
- Browser Support – Live Favorites fully supports IE6, IE7 and Firefox.
- Multi-Select – You asked for it! Select multiple favorites and delete or move them with a single click. Simply hold down the Ctrl key and click on multiple items to select them.
- Favorites Status – We now tell you exactly how many folders and favorites you have
- Easier Sharing – Share your favorites with a single click! In the details view click “Private” on any favorite to share it, and vice versa!
- UI Enhancements – Resize columns! Sort by any column! Improved graphics! List View! Favorites Preview!
The Live Favorites team is very happy to bring this release to you. We hope you like what you see. Fear not though, we’re not done! We have some great plans for the future, and always enjoy hearing from you!
Favorites V1 Released