Windows Live Essentials 2011 version 15.4.3555.0308 released to Microsoft Download Center helps you is a suite of free programs from Microsoft to help you stay in touch with the people you care about most and do more with Windows on your PC.
“You can edit and share photos and personal videos, manage your email and calendar, publish to your blog, access your files on multiple computers, and help keep your kids safer online. It’s all in one download, and it’s all free,” stated Microsoft.
“We released an update for Windows Live Essentials 2011 in all 48 languages. This minor release includes numerous updates across all of the programs in the Essential package. In the coming weeks, customers on Windows Vista SP2 and Windows 7 will receive a notification prompting them to upgrade to the new version. Since this release contains critical fixes for the Essentials package, in a few months, the update will become required for all eligible customers,” informed Microsoft.
You can install just a few of these programs or all of Windows Live Essentials — as the Windows Live Essentials suite includes Windows Live Messenger, Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, Mail, Writer, Family Safety, Windows Live Mesh, Bing Bar, Messenger Companion, Microsoft Silverlight, and Outlook Connector Pack (Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector and Social Connector Provider for Windows Live Messenger).
Current customers moving from Windows Live Essentials 2009 to 2011 will see a whole host of new features, including new social features in Windows Live Messenger, the ability to chat with Facebook friends, photo fuse in Photo Gallery, new themes in Movie Maker, and much more.
Microsoft also released an updated version 6.5.4228.0 of its Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit.
“MAP is one of the tools provided by the Microsoft Solution Accelerators team. The Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and Security Compliance Manager provide tested guidance and automated tools to help organizations plan, securely deploy, and manage new Microsoft technologies–easier, faster, and at less cost.” All are freely available, and fully-supported by Microsoft.
The MAP Toolkit includes the following components:
- Microsoft_Assessment_and_Planning_Toolkit_Setup.exe. Installation package containing the tool, release notes, Getting Started Guide and toolkit help (chm file).
- readme_en.htm. Available as a separate download. Provides information to read before installing the MAP Toolkit, including installation prerequisites and known issues.
- Getting_Started_Guide.en.doc. Provides information about toolkit installation, environment preparation, and assessment scenarios supported by toolkit wizards and the UI.
- MAP_Training_Kit.zip. Available as a separate download. Contains sample databases and training materials.
- MAP_Sample_Documents.zip. Available as a separate download. Contains sample reports and proposals.