Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone v1.3.1 has now been released to CodePlex.
In addition to the core updates listed below, the team also enhanced the setup and dependency checking experience. The experience is more tightly integrated with the Web Platform Installer, making it easier for you to use the toolkit.
Of all the updates, probably the most excited one is — the ‘blobs API now have parity with the primary Windows Azure StorageClient library. Now, regardless of whether you’re using the a web application or phone application, you’ll have a consistent API with which to use Windows Azure storage,” explains Wade Wegner.
“Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone is designed to make it easier for you to build mobile applications that leverage cloud services running in Windows Azure. The toolkit includes Visual Studio project templates for Windows Phone and Windows Azure, class libraries optimized for use on the phone, sample applications, and documentation. All this content is designed to be easily reused, simplifying your experience and optimizing your time when building your own phone applications leveraging cloud services.
In addition to support for Windows Azure storage services, this toolkit includes membership services to provide authentication and authorization for your phone applications and support for Microsoft and Apple push notifications.”
- Upgraded Windows Azure projects to Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 1.5 – September 2011
- Upgraded the tools tools to support the Windows Phone Developer Tools RTW
- Update SQL Azure only scenarios to use ASP.NET Universal Providers (through the System.Web.Providers v1.0.1 NuGet package)
- Changed Shared Access Signature service interface to support more operations
- Refactored Blobs API to have a similar interface and usage to that provided by the Windows Azure SDK StorageClient library
- Added two new samples: Tweet Your Blobs and CRUD SQL Azure
You can download Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone v1.3.1 CodePlex.