Microsoft Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone 7 is now available. This toolkit is designed to make it easier for your to build phone application that leverage cloud services running in Windows Azure.
The toolkit includes Visual Studio project templates for Windows Phone 7 and Windows Azure, class libraries optimized for use on the phone, sample applications, and documentation.
Prerequisites for using the toolkit include:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional (or higher) or both Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2010 Express and Microsoft Visual Studio
- 2010 Express for Windows Phone
- Windows Phone Developer Tools
- Internet Information Services 7 (IIS7)
- Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (November Release)
The toolkit contains the following pieces:
- Binaries are libraries that you can use in your WP7 apps to make it easier to work with Azure (e.g. a full storage client library for blobs and tables). You can literally add these libraries to your existing WP7 apps and immediate start leveraging services such as Azure storage.
- Docs covers setup and configuration, a review of the toolkit content, getting started, and some troubleshooting tips.
- Dependency Checker provide a full dependency checker to ensure that you’ve all the bits required in order to successfully use the toolkit.
- Project Templates – We’ve built VSIX (which’s the unit of deployment for a VS2010 Extension) files that create project templates that make it easy for you to build brand new apps.
- Samples – We’ve a sample app that fully leverages the toolkit, both available in C# and VB.NET. The sample app is also built into one of the two project templates created by the toolkit.
There’re plans for additional drops of the toolkit that’ll add new capabilities and functionality including:
- Notification services for Windows Phone 7 (and other devices) that run in Windows Azure
- and support for the Windows Azure Marketplace (codenamed Dallas); multiple NuGet packages and more.
Download WAToolKitWP7 From: CodePlex