Microsoft deployed an incremental update to Access Control Service in the Labs environment. Keep in mind there’s no SLA around this release, but accounts and usage of the service are free while it’s in labs. September release brings a number of enhancements:
- Support for OAuth 2.0 Web Server and assertion profiles
- Additional support for X.509 certificate authentication via WS-Trust and Service Identities
- ability to map Identity Providers to Relying Parties
- Several updates to Management Web Portal:
- Upload a WS-Fed Metadata file through portal
- Additional fields uploading encrypting and decrypting certificates
- Expanded support for machine keys (password, symmetric key, and X.509) and creation of valid usage dates.