Though, i personally never use any of the following Windows Store apps, but you may find it useful, Microsoft has released updates to a total of eight Windows 10 apps today, including: “Mail and Calendar, MSN News, Groove Music, Microsoft Photos, Microsoft Phone, MSN Money, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, and MSN Sports.”
Some today’s updated apps are “Universal” meaning these are compatible to run on Windows 10 Mobile and on Windows 10 desktop as well. Microsoft is very confident that universal apps, which are designed to run on both desktop computers and mobile phones with the same look and features, would succeed at some point in the future, and more developers are jumping on the bandwagon and bring their apps to Windows 10.
While on Windows 10, do you use Windows 10 Live Tiles permanently? If you are like me, you may like to go on read this small guide that walks you through the process of turning Live Tiles off.
So, if you just want to turn off a single Live Tile; you simply need to right-click the tile in the Windows start menu, and select More > Turn live tile off.
And, to disable multiple Windows 10 Live Tiles, you can use either of the two options Group Policy Editor and or the Windows Registry.
Group Policy steps: Following these steps, will force applications and system features “not be able to update their tiles and tile badges in the Start screen.”
- Tap the Windows-key + R, and type gpedit.msc and hit enter.
- Now, confirm the UAC prompt; the Local Group Policy Editor should be open now.
- Navigate on the left pane to Local Computer Policy > User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Star Menu and Taskbar > Notifications.
- Now, double-click on the “Turn off tile notifications” in the right pane; and set it to enabled on the screen that opens.
Tips: While at it, you may also consider disabling other notification options such “as toast notifications or notification mirroring.”
- Tap on the Windows-key + R, and type regedit.exe and hit enter.
- Next, confirm the UAC prompt, the Registry Editor should now open.
- Navigate to the following location:
- Now, right-click PushNotifications and create a New > Dword (32-bit) Value…..name it as NoTileApplicationNotification.
- Finally set the value to 1 by double-clicking NoTileApplicationNotification.