Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15051 for Mobile released to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Also, a new Windows 10 build 15048 for PCs is now available in the Slow ring.
For those not aware, “the Fast ring is usually weekly, while the Slow ring is typically monthly.”
If you’re on the Slow ring, you can install today’s build by heading over to Settings -> Update & security -> Windows update. And, to join, go to Windows Insider Program tab and click ‘Get started’. When your PC reboots, go back and make sure you’re set to Slow ring.
Aside, Microsoft also released a new Xbox One Insider Preview build 15051 in the Alpha ring, bringing the build number to 15051.1001, or rs2_release_xbox_1703.170305-1701.15051.
See the changelog below:
Other changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile
- We appreciate several of you sending us feedback on this and last week, we focused on fixing issues that resulted in frequent reboots for some Insiders on Build 15047. If you continue to experience unexpected reboots, be sure to send in feedback to us via Feedback Hub so the team can take a look!
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain inbox apps, such as Calculator, Outlook Mail, Outlook Calendar, Groove Music, no longer being present on the system after a hard reset.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Groove Music not resuming playback after ending a phone call if the app became suspended during the call.
- We fixed an issue where periodically attaching larger photos to a message in Messaging wouldn’t work.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights where, in certain apps, if you had selected editable text and pressed Shift on the keyboard, the keyboard would crash.
- We fixed an issue impacting certain UWP apps using pivots, such as the News app, where the pivot control could end up becoming offset after quickly swiping through the pivots.
- We fixed an issue where asking Cortana to read a text message over Bluetooth with many back to back emoji would result in high pitched distorted noise.
- We fixed an issue where after upgrading some Insiders were unexpectedly seeing the full QWERTY keyboard on the lock screen instead of the pin pad.
Known issues for Mobile
- We have discovered a bug that causes background tasks to not run in the background like they should such as OneDrive’s camera roll sync feature. Please double check your photos have synced to OneDrive on the latest builds. We’ve got a fix for this issue coming in an upcoming build where background tasks will run again and your camera roll will sync to OneDrive as expected.
- If your device experiences an unexpected reboot, in some cases you may lose your call, text, and email history may be lost. We’re actively investigating this issue. If you believe you’ve hit this, please up-vote this feedback item In Feedback Hub.
- Speech packs may be unable to download on this build.
- ADDED: Some users are reporting that pages are constantly reloading or refreshing, especially while they are in the middle of scrolling them in Microsoft Edge. We’re investigating.
What’s got fixed in Xbox One Insider Preview:
Games & Apps
- Fixed an issue which could sometimes prevent newly installed games from launching.
Upon resuming from connected standby, you may be prompted to update your controller firmware when no update is available.
- Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games.
- Some users may not receive certain types of notifications.
- After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so).
- Workaround: Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.
- The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
- The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
Settings – Ease of Access
- When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access – Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts.
- Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
Settings – Display & sound
- The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.