Microsoft rolling out Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14367 for PCs and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring. As opposed to the previous build 14366 for PC and 14364 for Mobile, which was released a couple of days before, Microsoft has added many new features to this new build 14367in the new test 1436 builds including:
- New Windows key + F keyboard shortcut captures and attaches a screenshot of your PC and opens Feedback Hub. And, the Feedback Hub on Mobile can be launched using VOL DOWN + POWER. “Old Windows key + SHIFT + ? keyboard shortcut will stop working,” Microsoft notes.
- Another new shortcut Ctrl + Shift + P lets you turn on/off Private mode when using the Japanese Input Method Editor.
- Handwriting Recognition gets 23 new languages as a tech preview. Users can install them from language settings and use them in the handwriting keyboard. All the new languages are available for developer also to leverage them in their apps following the guide to recognize ink as text.
- New Windows Refresh tool, that we wrote about yesterday, is now available under the Settings app. The tool installs a clean copy of the most recent version of Windows 10. Additionally, it also removes apps that were previously installed on a PC.
- Quick Actions in Action Center, now have a transient On/Off text indicator so you can clearly see the state change for these.
- Also, the cross-device notifications from phone to a PC via Cortana are now more reliable and faster.
- Removal of the Kids Corner feature in Windows 10 Mobile, as of the Anniversary update due to low usage. Some of the same functionality is available via Apps Corner.
Additionally, the Kids Corner feature is now removed in Windows 10 Mobile and Windows Phone 8.1. While not a complete functionality replacement, users can try out Apps Corner under Settings > Accounts > Apps Corner “which has some of the functionality as Kids Corner such as the ability to give people access to selected apps on your phone as well as a customized Start screen when they use your phone,” added Microsoft.
“The usage of Kids Corner was too low to justify continued development and support of the feature,” Microsoft expalins.
For a complete list of improvements, fixes and known issues, jump over here.
In addition to build 14367, also a new Windows 10 Anniversary SDK Preview Build 14366 is made available to developers.
“Developers are advised to use this SDK on a test machine since it’s a pre-release and cannot be used in a production environment,” Microsoft noted.
The Preview SDK can be downloaded from developer section on Windows Insider.
Further, FXNOW app for Windows 10 is pushed to the Windows Store. FXNOW is an on-demand video streaming service for your Windows 10 PCs and Tablets and Phones.
The app features Cortana integration, and allow you to launch the simply using your voice, as well as Live Tiles pinned on Start menu highlights “the featured show of the day and an adaptive responsive layout which means the app will scale and adapt no matter your screen size,” noted Microsoft. Cortana will then launch the app and take you to the episode of the series you searched for.
You can say things like, “FXNOW, play the latest (series), episode.” Or “FXNOW, search for (series), episode.”
FXNOW is free to download from the Windows Store.