SQL Server team just posted that they are looking for meaningful, constructive SQL Server Code Name “Denali” CTP3 feedback. The team said they want as much feedback as we can get to improve the product, so we want reward you for your time and efforts in testing SQL Server Code Name “Denali” CTP3!
To encourage user, the team starting Friday August 19, will be sending SQL Server gifts packs valued at $30 to each person who submits bugs or provides feedback on how they can improve SQL Server Code Name “Denali” up through August 31, 2011 (or to the first 300 respondents).
“If your feedback doesn’t provide our engineers with enough detail to take action or is just spam (e.g. comments that don’t point to specific issues), then you will not be considered a prize winner,” the SQL team noted.
Please review the official steps below and submit questions to @SQLServer on Twitter.
Official Challenge Rules:
This offer is good to IT/Technology professionals who complete the following steps:
- Download SQL Server Code Name “Denali” CTP3 and test “Denali” CTP3 extensively and prepare feedback for the SQL Server engineering team including any bugs you’ve noticed and suggestions that could further improve the product.
- NOTE: Suggestions should be realistic tweaks that you recommend we consider making to “Denali” while nearing the final development stages.
- Be sure to include the #sqldenali hashtag
- And provide both the date and feedback ID number that will be shown after your feedback is posted as seen below:
- “Offer good only to the first 300 to respond. Limit one gift per person. Gifts will be SQL Server prize pack containing branded office and clothing items, valued at $30.
- This offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with any other offer.
- This offer ends on August 31, 2011 or while supplies last, and is not redeemable for cash.
- Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
- Any gift returned as non-deliverable will not be re-sent. Please allow 6-8 weeks for shipment of your gift,” said SQL Server team.