YouTube, Lonely Planet and Intel teamed up to help you share your adventures, and even get a chance to win cash for your next one.
“Until August 11, we invite you to upload your favorite travel video to Lonely Planet’s YouTube channel for the chance to win $10,000 to create the adventure trip of your dreams,” Lee Hadlow, International Program Manager.
“This Promotion is open only to full time legal residents of the United States of America and the District of Columbia who are, as of August 2, 2011 at least 18 years of age or older. Void where prohibited by law. Any entries received from outside the US are invalid. Also, you cannot enter this Promotion if you (or your immediate families or members of your household) are employed by Lonely Planet, Google, Intel, Marden-Kane Inc., or their subsidiaries and affiliated companies,” the competion terms stated.
- must be your own original work;
- must not have been previously licensed to a third party, or submitted as an entry for another promotion;
- must not be subject to any third party rights (contractual or otherwise); and
- must not infringe any third party intellectual property or contractual rights.
To enter, go to Lonely Planet and submit a video in which you share your own adventure. The Promotion is divided into the following 5 categories:
- ‘Outdoor adventure’ (Show us how you embrace nature and getting outside)
- ‘Urban adventure’ (Share your best cosmopolitan experience)
- ‘Visual adventure’ (Capture and explain the scenic views that take your breath away)
- ‘Culinary adventure’ (Tell us about your favorite food experience)
- ‘Family adventure’ (Encapsulate the excitement and fun of your family’s favorite activities)
“Lonely Planet will select finalists based on these criteria, who will be announced on September 7,” Hadlow added.
Voting runs from September 7 to 12, and the grand prize winner will be announced on September 26.
[Source: YouTube Global]