WCF RIA Services Toolkit is a collection of forward looking features made available outside the normal RIA Services release cycle. A product of the WCF RIA Services product team, the Toolkit adds new functionality quickly for developers and provides the community an efficient way to help shape product development by contributing ideas and bug reports.
April 2011 toolkit includes additional features to WCF RIA Services including: SOAP/JSON endpoints, T4 Code Generation, ViewModel (MVVM) support, Windows Azure Table Storage support, Linq to SQL support, and ASP.NET WebForms controls. Also includes an early preview of the jQuery client for RIA Services.
The following functionality are available in this release of the Toolkit:
1. LinqToSql DomainService
2. Soap endpoint – This enables you to expose a soap endpoint for your DomainService
3. JSON endpoint – This enables you to expose a JSON endpoint for your DomainService
4. ASP.NET DomainDataSource – This control will enable you to create an ASP.net application that can talk to your DomainService
5. WCF client proxy auto generation/updating for WCF Core Service — This enables you to get up-to-date WCF proxy and configuration each time you build your solution, when you add Silverlight-enable WCF service in your Silverlight application.
6. Domain Service support for Azure Table Storage. When hosting WCF RIA Services in Azure, you can now easily leverage Azure Table Storage as your data backend. (Requires Windows Azure SDK 1.3)
7. T4 template based client code generation. The feature leverages the code generation extensibility point added to the product and provides a well factored and granular mechanism to customize client code generation logic using T4 templates.
8. CollectionView to enable MVVM Patterns
9. An early preview of the jQuery client for WCF RIA Services (RIA/JS)
More Info: Download