YouTube creator, who are interested in linking YouTube channel with a Google+ page, can now test a new YouTube Beta that lets you use a Google+ Page identity.
Google notes, that certain mobile apps and third party tools may require a bit more effort to work with YouTube channels linked to Google+ pages. So, “make sure you’re using the most recent YouTube app on Android and iOS. And if necessary, setup login credentials for these apps.”
With YouTube Beta, you can “add multiple managers to your channel, as well as manage multiple channels with a single login,” informg Google. You can also choose any name for your channel and page (including renaming an existing channel, if you want).
In addition, new features such as improved video sharing, live broadcasts via Hangouts, and a YouTube tab on your Google+ page can also be “unlocked.”
To get started just use the steps below:
- Your channel’s Google account must first have a Google+ profile on the account to start this process. If you don’t have a profile on your channel’s account, go to plus.google.com and create a profile with your name (not your channel’s name).
- If you have an existing Google+ page to which you’d like to link your channel, add your channel’s Google account as a manager of the corresponding page (instructions). If you don’t have an existing page, you can create a new one in the linking process.
- On YouTube, go to your advanced account settings, and click “Connect with a Google+ page (beta).” From there you’ll see a number of options:
- Link with a new Google+ page
- Link with an existing Google+ page that your channel’s google account owns or manages
- Link with a Google+ profile instead of a page
- Select a linking option, follow the instructions, and you’re done!, google explains.