Twitter has announced that it’s soon removing the ability that let people create ‘Moments’ on companies mobile apps.
This change which comes into effect on October 23rd will remove the feature on both its iOS and Android apps.
Twitter Moments is a feature that shows curated stories across the top and most fascinating topics on Twitter. It’s available via a new “lightning bolt” tab on phone or on the desktop. Tapping this bold icon will show a list of Moments, and clicking on a Moment will open up the topic introduction with a title and description.
To dive deep into the story, a “right swipe” will bring up pictures, auto-playing videos, Vines, and GIFs. A tap will open the tweet in full view for taking actions such as like, retweet, or follow the account.
A double tap instantly like’s the tweet. Just look at the progress bar in the bottom to see the remaining Moment.
Once a Moment reaches the end, it can be shared with followers through the share button. And, a swipe “up” or “down” goes back to the guide.
Here is a GIF animation looking at the Moments on mobile:
Twitter says, the create Moments feature wasn’t used much, so it’s taking it off from the mobile iOS and Android mobile apps.
That said, going forward the focus will be on creating other features that people like using, says Twitter.
Twitter’s create Moments functionality will still be available on the desktop.
To create Moments on a desktop, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Moments tab and click “Create new Moment” button
- Add a title in the “Title your Moment” field to give Moment a name
- Add a description in the “Add a description” field to describe Moment
- Choose tweets to add to the Moment from the “Add Tweets” section
- Click “Set cover” to add a cover image
- Click the “Finish later” to save as draft, or click the “Publish” button when complete.
Check out more instruction on this page.