In a move to offer its small business Cardmembers and merchants the chance to use Twitter advertising to better engage with the people they want to reach, the company last month, partnered with American Express.
Twitter now begin to notify eligible American Express Cardmembers and merchants that they can now start advertising on Twitter, which were kicked off by a related promotion in which the first 10,000 Cardmembers and merchants received $100 in free Twitter ads.
“Initially, only a small group of businesses will have access to this new advertising opportunity — we will steadily increase the number of participating small businesses over the coming weeks,” Tiwtter noted in a blog post.
SMBs choosing to advertise using these new options will be able to pay per follower for Promoted Accounts and per engagement (click, retweet, reply, and favorite) for Promoted Tweets, says Twitter. They’ll also be able to target the world, specific countries, or even specific U.S. metro areas.
For Twitter users, this news means more ads from smaller stores, brands and chains, which will accompany the now-familiar Promoted Tweets, Trends, and profiles that have historically highlighted both national and international companies, like Samsung or Starbucks, for example.
Highlights of the new advertising offering includes:
- Get started in minutes: we provide ongoing management of your advertising
- No previous advertising experience is required. If you can tweet, you can advertise on Twitter
- Gain new followers: Promoted Accounts helps your small business connect with new people who want to hear from you and can spread the word about your business to others
- Amplify your Tweets: Promoted Tweets helps your small business get your messages in front of more of the right people. Twitter will take out the guesswork by automatically identifying and promoting your most engaging Tweets
- Pay per follower for Promoted Accounts and per engagement (click, retweet, reply, and favorite) for Promoted Tweets
- Target the whole world, specific countries, or limit your reach to specific U.S. metropolitan areas.
Watch the video below to see how simple it is for SMBs to grow their businesses using Promoted Tweets and Promoted Accounts products:
If you are an American Express Cardmember or merchant, you can still register for this unique opportunity on Twitter.
For tips and best practices on using Twitter for small business, download this Twitter for Small Business guide.