Outlook for Mac now offers Touch Bar support for MacBook Pro users to make common commands easier, plus add-ins for Outlook for Mac to bring favorite apps to the inbox.
The Touch Bar now displays common formatting options when users compose a new email or meeting request, and makes it easy to switch between different calendar views. And users can now join an online meeting from the reminders window with a simple tap on the bar.
Add-ins now bring users’ favorite apps inside Outlook for Mac, so the tasks can be accomplish without having to switch back and forth between email and other apps.
These add-ins available across Outlook for Windows, iOS and the web, help translate emails on the fly, edit records in customer relationship management systems, update notes, set up meetings over coffee and more — all without leaving Outlook.
The add-ins are available to all Outlook 2016 for Mac customers with Exchange 2013 Service Pack 1 or higher, or Office 365 or Outlook.com mailboxes offers the benefits including:
- Get business intelligence and track emails quickly with the Dynamics 365 add-in. Use the Nimble add-in to get real-time insights about your Outlook contacts.
- Collaborate effortlessly with your coworkers using add-ins from Evernote, Trello, Microsoft Translator, Smartsheet and Citrix ShareFile (coming soon).
- Add email reminders and schedule emails with the Boomerang add-in for Outlook.
- Say thanks to your friends and co-workers by giving them the gift of Starbucks through the Starbucks for Outlook add-in.
- Make emails more fun and visually expressive with GIPHY, when words aren’t enough.
The add-ins need to be install once, to start using add-ins, from the Outllok ribbon click the Store icon, next, search for the add-in and turn its toggle to On. You will then see the add-in command in the inbox.