System Center Cloud Services Management Pack Release Candidate now available for download offers a self-service experience to facilitate private cloud capacity requests from your business unit IT application owners and end users, including the flexibility to request additional capacity as business demands increase.
“The System Center Service Manager Authoring Tool is a tool for customization and extension of the built-in functionality in System Center Service Manager. This release supports modifying existing Process Management Packs and creating new Management Packs that define extensions to the Service Manager database for tracking additional information, customizations of forms or new forms, and new workflows. This release is available in 10 languages,” Microsoft stated.
“This release is compatible with the System Center 2012 release candidate. It contains the necessary changes to ensure the Authoring Tool is compatible with System Center 2012 – Service Manager but does not contain a new feature set from prior releases,” the software company noted.
The SCCS Management Pack contains the following:
- Model extensions for the SCSM CMDB to store additional types of data which are useful for managing a private cloud.
- Views so that the cloud-related data can be easily viewed in the Configuration Items workspace in the SCSM console.
- Service request templates for common scenarios related to private cloud management such as provisioning/deprovisioning VMs, allocating capacity pools, creating new projects, and so on.
- Request offerings based on the service request templates that can be published to the Service Catalog on the self-service portal.
- Automated workflows in SCSM to automatically fulfill some of the requests.
- Runbooks for Orchestrator to automatically fulfill other types of requests which need to be executed on other System Center components such as Virtual Machine Manager
Download the System Center 2012 – Service Manager Component Add-ons and Extensions here.