Update 04/24: Microsoft today, said that it is increasing the availability of the 128GB Surface Pro, as the most retail partners in the U.S. and Canada as well as the Microsoft Store now have the 128 GB product consistently in stock.
In addition, the company said that starting in May and June–it’s launching the Surface RT and Surface Pro in additional countries.
Surface RT will launch in Malaysia on April 25th, in Mexico by the end of May and in Korea and Thailand in June. “This expansion will result in Surface RT being available in 29 markets,” Microsoft wrote.
Surface Pro, which is currently available in the U.S., Canada, and China–will be launching in new countries before the end of May and before the end of June.
Surface with Windows 8 Pro 128GB is now all “sold” right after making it available online and or retail stores in the U.S. and Canada.
“Customer response to the launch of Surface Pro has been amazing,” Microsoft stated adding, “(W)e’re working with our retail partners who are currently out of stock of the 128GB Surface Pro to replenish supplies as quickly as possible,” the company said.
Along with Surface Pro, customer can also buy a new Wedge Touch Mouse Surface Edition and three new Touch Cover Limited Editionsin red, magenta, and cyan.
Microsoft notes, that Thursday February 14th, 13 more countries in Europe joining the Surface family. Microsoft Surface Pro 64GB is avilable for purchase.
Update 02/12: Microsoft shared two new video of the Surface Pro, in the first video below, Panos Panay, the man in charge with the Surface division at Microsoft and the one responsible for the new tablet, talks about the device.
Below is an official Microsoft Surface Pro television commercial launched during the Las Vegas event.
Musician Stay Classy sais that the ad was pretty short, so he decided to extend it using a remixed version of the soundtrack and the first Surface RT commercial.
“The Surface Pro song is so amazing, that I was able to make it longer and a lot cooler I know that a lot of us fans would appreciate having a version that we can listen to on the train or on our way to work,” wrote Classy.
Microsoft also aired a second TV ad during the Grammy Awards that put the spotlight on “Within Reason,” a Alabama-based band that won Microsoft’s “Gig of a Lifetime” contest:
Here is yet another Surface Pro TV advert:
Update 12/19: Watch the video below, demostrating Surface Pro runnicng Apple’s OS X Mountain Lion operating system.
In other news, a new Microsoft job posting indicates that the company is planning to enable Windows apps to run without modification on Windows Phone and vice versa. According to a February 7 Windows Phone job posting (via),
“Are you excited about Windows Phone? Are you passionate about delivering the best possible experience to the developer community? Do you wish the code you write for Windows Store apps would just work on the Windows Phone and vice versa? If so, then this is the role for you!,” reads the post.
“We are looking for a highly motivated and technically strong SDET to help our team bring together the Windows Store and Phone development platforms,” the job post continued. To make this happen, Microsoft is “bring(ing) much of the WinRT API (application programming interface) surface and the .NET Windows Store profile to the Phone.”
“You will work closely with your developer and PM (product program manager) counterparts to solve the technical challenges of bringing a platform built for desktops and tablets to the phone form factor,” Microsoft noted in the job posting.
Finally, Microsoft also made available for download System Center Configuration Manager 2012 Toolkit that contains nine downloadable tools to help manage and troubleshoot Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
Following list provides specific information about each tool in the toolkit:
- “Client Spy – A tool that helps you troubleshoot issues related to software distribution, inventory, and software metering on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager clients.
- Policy Spy – A policy viewer that helps you review and troubleshoot the policy system on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager clients.
- Security Configuration Wizard Template for Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager – The Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) is an attack-surface reduction tool for the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system. Security Configuration Wizard determines the minimum functionality required for a server’s role or roles, and disables functionality that is not required.
- Send Schedule Tool – A tool used to trigger a schedule on a client or trigger the evaluation of a specified DCM Baseline. You can trigger a schedule either locally or remotely.
- Power Viewer Tool – A tool to view the status of power management feature on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager clients.
- Deployment Monitoring Tool – The Deployment Monitoring Tool is a graphical user interface designed help troubleshoot Applications, Updates, and Baseline deployments on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager clients.
- Run Metering Summarization Tool – The purpose of this tool is to run the metering summarization task to analyze raw metering data
- Role-based Administration Modeling and Auditing Tool – This tool helps administrators to model and audit RBA configurations.
- License Tracking PowerShell Cmdlets – The PowerShell cmdlet “Get-ConfigMgrAccessLicense” is used to get license usage information for all the servers and clients within scope of System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. The cmdlet returns a list of licensable features and a list of unique users and devices per unique licensable feature,” informs Microsoft.
And, the Postermania for Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V is also available through Download Center.
“Posters are a great way to wrap your mind around some of the subsystems (roles and features) that are part of complex products. Here are some cool posters for Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V,” Microsoft wrote.