Stage6 an online video community, is the subsidary of DivX, which lets you search, watch and share high-quality video content in the Stage6 video community. Yo can check out the hottest clips, create your own channel of videos or vote on and discuss the latest uploaded content.
The content owners can host and deliver their videos more easily, in a better-looking format, with advanced features such as menus, subtitles, and multiple audio tracks. Once the videos are created, and uploaded, the content owners sell their videos and get paid.
How the Stage6 system works:
- First off, you will have to join Stage6 community, sign up.
- Once, joined —In order to receive payment, you must first click the ‘get paid‘ link on your profile. Fill out a short form, and finally acknowledge to the for-sale addendum to the publisher agreement that describes the terms under which you may sell your content.
- After successfull registration, the content uploader will enable you to specify the final sale price for content you upload. If you choose to set a price (i.e. not free), then your content will be listed for sale on Stage6 and visitors will have to pay the price you specify in order to view it. When visitors pay for your content, they will receive an encrypted copy of the video that only they can play back. They will be able to keep it forever, and play it on up to six registered DivX devices.
- When your content sells, you will receive notification from Stage6 and they will deposit funds into your royalty account within sixty days.
What share do one get if they sell videos on Stage6?
68% / 32% i.e. when you sell your videos on Stage6, you set the sale price that customers pay for each of your videos. When a transaction occurs, Stage6 get a transaction fee (10%) plus a service fee based on the filesize of your video ($.0033 per MB) — and the rest money goes to the content owner.
For Example: A video is sized 200MB (about 20 minutes at DVD quality or 40 minutes TV quality). You sell it for $3. Each time a customer purchases it:
Stage6 gets a transaction fee of $.30 (10% of $3) plus a fixed fee of $.66 ($.0033 X 100MB filesize) = $.96 (32%)
You get the rest ($3 – $.96) = $2.04 (68%)
If you sell the same video for $4.50 instead, Stage6 get $1.11 (25%) and you keep $3.39 (75%)
- Stage6 is in alpha stage and is currently optimised in the Mozilla Firefox browser. It may also work in IE, but Safari browsers are not supported at this time.
- To play videos offered for free on Stage6, you need the DivX web player, which is part of the DivX bundles. For Windows, and Mac.
- To play videos offered for sale on Stage6, you need the DivX Player for Windows.
- To upload videos to the Stage6 site, you need the DivX Content Uploader. Unfortunately, video uploading from a Mac is not currently available.
Reffer for more info….
Stage6 -Home Page
Stage6, DivX, Online, Digital Media Content Community