Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) v5.0 released today, now let you migrate from Sybase, Oracle, MySQL and Microsoft Access to SQL Azure and SQL Server with ease!
In this release, SSMA family of products has been improved to further to reduce the cost and the risk of migration from Sybase, Oracle, MySQL and Microsoft Access. Recent SSMA survey showed that 94% of SSMA downloader’s would recommend the tool to others. SSMA products are available for free download and are supported for free over email.
In recent months, there has been an uptick in migration to SQL Azure and/or SQL Server, Microsoft has observed more than 8,000 downloads/month of SSMA family of products in recent months.
With this wave of release, customers can now migrate to any edition of SQL Server including the free Express edition.
- Support for migrating to SQL Server “Denali”
- Multi-thread data migration for improved scale and performance
- Globalization support for migrating non-English databases to SQL Server
- Support for installation for SSMA Extension Pack on clustered SQL Server environments
- Sybase migration enhancements:
- Support for migration to SQL Azure
- Extended data access connectivity to Sybase ASE ADO.NET and ASE ODBC providers
- Support for conversion of case sensitive Sybase database to case sensitive SQL Server
- Extended support for conversion of Non-ANSI joins for DELETE and UPDATE statements
- Removed dependency on separate SYSDB database on target SQL Server
- Report use of Oracle’s User Defined Type in the database object and inside PL/SQL
Download SMA v5.0 For:
[Source: SQL Server Team Blog]