Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 Feature Pack CTP1 is a collection of stand-alone packages which provide additional value for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2. It includes the latest versions of:
- Redistributable components for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 CTP
- Add-on providers for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 CTP
Note: Some components in the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 CTP Feature Pack of SQL Server have certain Internet-enabled features, including the Customer Experience Improvement Program and Error and Usage Reporting component, enabled by default to help us identify and address issues that you may encounter while using SQL Server. For more information and instructions on how to disable these features, see the SQL Server Privacy Statement
Note: Some components in the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 CTP Feature Pack of SQL Server have two different methods to complete the installation process:
- Attended Installation — an interactive user interface will guide you through the set-up process and obtain all of the information and consent required to complete the installation. This includes the displaying, acknowledgement, and archiving of the applicable SQL Server license terms.
- Un-attend Installation — this’s a DOS command Line set-up process that does not have an interactive user interface to guide you through the set-up process. In this case, you will be required to enter a parameter during installation that indicates your acceptance of the license terms.
Each item below indicates a short description of the package, and the audience(s) for which it was intended, as follows:
- Customer: An individual may want to install this for additional licensed functionality.
- Partner: An ISV may want to ship this as a redistributable component as part of their application.
- Developer: A programmer may want to install this to support application development.
Note: To archive a copy of the license terms, prior to accepting them, copy and paste the terms to a word processing program, then print or save the file to your favorite directory.
More Info: Download