The Windows Azure team just announced the general availability of SQL Azure Import/Export! now available as a production service for free to customers using SQL Azure and Windows Azure Storage.
SQL Azure Import/Export helps organizations deploy on-premises databases to SQL Azure, and archive SQL Azure and SQL Server databases to Windows Azure Storage.
Key improvements in the new production release include:
- “Increased performance & resiliency
- Progress reporting
- Selective Export
- Production support
- New usage sample EXE,” revealed Azure team.
In other Azure news, Microsoft is holding a Windows Azure Discover Events on the West Coast — “Are you pondering the business opportunity behind Azure? Is Azure right for your solution? Do you need an Azure 101? If so, register for the upcoming Windows Azure Discover Events. We’ll provide a business and technical overview of the Windows Azure platform,” the team states.
These events are targeted are level 100-200, and targeted at business/technical decision makers.
- Azure Discovery Event – 1/31/2012 – 9AM-1PM, Redmond WA, Microsoft Redmond Campus
- Azure Discovery Event – 2/8/2012 9 – AM-1PM, Boulder CO, Microsoft Boulder Office
- Azure Discovery Event – 2/27/2012 – 9AM-1PM, Mountain View CA, Microsoft Silicon Valley Campus
- Azure Discovery Event – 3/1/2012 – 9AM-1PM, Irvine CA, Microsoft Irvine Office