Microsoft explains how to use “Interests” in its social networking project Socl, that allow you to deepen your connection with the people and ideas that matter most to you.
“”Socl Interests” are public groups organized around post content. When you create a post, all you have to do is tag it with an interest name (an existing interest, or a new one you start). Your post will then be added to that Interest,” explains Microsoft.
Some of the popular interests on Socl are dreams, music, photography, math in nature and best of socl.
To tag your Interests, first create a collage post using the green post creator tool bar at the top of your page and then tag it, that will now be added to the tagged Interest Page.
And, to search the Interests of others, simply visit their profile, then click on their Interests tab located under their avatar.
Finally, you can also click Interests in the main navigation at any time to access all available Socl Interests of the entire Socl community.
Update 03/05: Microsoft announced an update to its social networking project –here is a summary the “Spring 2013 Collection”:
- “Simplified site navigation, including:
- create a post button
- discover (full site search and discovery)
- pinned menu for quick access to notifications, messages, setting, parties and about
- centered Socl logo to refresh the page
- single click access to your profile
- feed pivots between following and everyone
- collections curated by everyone (formerly Interests)
- collections curated by individuals, including private collections
- collection descriptions
- tags now done at the collection level rather than the post level and applied only by collection followers
- drag and drop
- share to other social networks