Slightbox plugin is a combination of Slimbox and Lightbox. It is based on Mootools 1.0 with a darker more SmoothGallery kind of look. Infact, all of the images were made by the creator of SmoothGallery. Slimbox was created by Christophe Beyls as a easy, lightweight replacement to Lightbox. Slightbox should be able to do everything that Slimbox and Lightbox do, so you should be able to just replace your lightbox or Slimbox with Slightbox.
- Lightweight – only 23 KBs including Mootools
- Compatible with original Lightbox
- New dark color scheme
- Buttons by Jonathan Schemoul
- Mootools 1.0 Compatible
Installation & usage:
- Download Slightbox plugin, and etract to a local folder.
- Upload extracted content to wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Activate from the plugins page in Wordpress admin panel.
- Go to Plugins and activate Slightbox
The script looks for links with rel=”lightbox” tag in the body of your post. To tell the script to activate lightbox for a specific link you have to create a link with the following syntax.
To show a individual files in a lightbox
To show images grouped together in slideshow
Slightbox, Plugin, WordPress, Blog, blogging