If you’re thinking about virtualising SharePoint 2010, whether it’s on Hyper-V, or otherwise, Microsoft have released a number of useful pieces of documentation to aid you through the process.
It covers a number of key sections:
- Virtualization support and licensing (SharePoint Server 2010)
- Hyper-V virtualization requirements (SharePoint Server 2010)
- Plan virtual architectures (SharePoint Server 2010)
- Plan for virtualization (SharePoint Server 2010)
- Capacity management and high availability in a virtual environment (SharePoint Server 2010)
Also, there’s a webcast delivered by TechNet team, on the same topics, so if you’d rather hear/see it, than read it, here are all the details: TechNet Webcast: Deep Dive – Microsoft Virtualization Best Practices for SharePoint 2010 (Level 300):
Audience(s): IT Generalist.
Duration: 60 Minutes
Start Date: June 15, 2010 7:00 PM GMT – Registration