As SharePoint 2010 is launched worldwide, Microsoft share some resources to help you to get started evaluating and learning about new release. This post contains links to download evaluation software, guides, demo virtual machines and lots more, for both Developers and IT Professionals:
2. Download the SharePoint 2010 Overview Evaluation Guide, the SharePoint 2010 Professional Developer Evaluation Guide and the SharePoint 2010 IT Professionals Evaluation Guide to quickly ramp up on platform updates and additions.
4. Download the pre-configured Hyper-V SharePoint 2010 Evaluation and Demo Virtual Machine (~1.8GB) along with the SharePoint 2010 Walkthrough Guide for a chance to get hands on with SharePoint 2010 with zero set up and configuration.
5. Download 180 day trial versions of; SharePoint Server 2010, FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint, Office Professional Plus 2010, Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 R2 to install and evaluate SharePoint 2010 yourself, and while you’re downloading stuff here’s some links to the full versions of; SharePoint Foundation 2010, Search Server Express 2010, SharePoint Designer 2010
6. Watch the Getting Started with SharePoint 2010 for IT Professionals video series and the Getting Started with SharePoint 2010 for Professional Developers video series to get bite-sized video overviews of some of new and updated features.
7. Do the self paced IT Professional hosted virtual hands-on-labs and Developer hosted virtual hands-on-labs to get hands-on with SharePoint 2010 through a series of scripted tutorials, and if you want more, then download and install 10 getting started Developer Hands-on-labs.
9. Visit the TechNet and MSDN SharePoint 2010 sites for a wealth of technical reference documentation and prescriptive guidance through our categorized resource centers, such as the Installation and Deployment Resource Center to learn how to plan, install and configure SharePoint 2010 and the Upgrade and Migration Resource Center for the latest guidance and best practices for upgrading to SharePoint 2010.
10. Got questions? Search for an answer, or ask the community in the official Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Forums.
Already a SharePoint 2007 expert?
Check out the free advanced training content for IT Professionals and Developers looking to upgrade their skills from SharePoint Server 2007 to SharePoint 2010.
We’ve got 36 modules of self paced IT Professional Advanced Training and Developer Advanced Training that includes audio and video recordings. We’ll also be adding 24 hosted virtual hands-on-labs in the very near future to accompany the training content – All for FREE and on demand.
Want to get certified on SharePoint 2010?
Take a look at the Microsoft Learning SharePoint 2010 Training Portal for information and expected availability dates for SharePoint 2010 Certification, Classroom training, E-Learning, MS Press books and Learning Snacks.