Setting up BlackBerry Bridge is really easy — it only takes about five minutes! To begin, you must have a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry Device Software version 5.0 or later and a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
The PlayBook comes with BBB built in, but it must be installed (instructions noted below) and, provided you’ve completed PlayBook tablet setup process and you’ve a BB smartphone that meets the minimum device software requirement above, all you’ll need to do is install the BBB app on your BB smartphone and pair it with your PlayBook tablet.
Here’s how to do it!
- On PlayBook’s home screen, tap the Gear icon in the top right corner
- Tap BlackBerry Bridge
- Tap Setup
- Create and type in the name of your PlayBook (or keep the default name) and tap Next
- Tap Install Now
- On BlackBerry smartphone, open BlackBerry App World storefront
- Press the Menu key and select Scan a Barcode
- Scan the barcode displayed on on the PlayBook, and select Download when shown the BBB installation screen
- On PlayBook tablet, tap < Back
- Tap Continue
- On BlackBerry smartphone, open BBB application
- Select Add New Tablet, followed by selecting Continue
- Scan the barcode that’s displayed on your PlayBook’s screen using your BB
- After the pairing process completes, select Ok on BB smartphone and tap Done on PlayBook.
After completing these steps, you’ll notice a new BlackBerry Bridge category appears on the home screen of PlayBook tablet. At this point, all you need to do is tap the app you’d like to use.
Tip: Set a password on BB smartphone to help ensure your information is safe if the device becomes misplaced. If your BB is ever locked and/or misplaced, you’ll be required to enter this password on your PlayBook in order to use BBB.
[Source: Inside BlackBerry blog]