The Search Engine Strategies conference in San Francisco kicked off with a bang and ended with, well, a Y bang (Y!). Here’re some fun and informative facts:
- 34% of media time is spent online, yet only 12% of marketing dollars are spent online—Mark Poirier, Acquisio
- In 5 years mobile search will outpace Web search—Shashi Seth, Yahoo!
- 36% of searchers click on news, but 31% click on images—Kristjan Mar Hauksson, Nordic eMarketing
- Yahoo! Analytics are in near-real time (7-second delay)—Josh Cobb, Yahoo!
- 75 – 80% of content on major ecommerce sites like Amazon, Best Buy and WalMart is user-generated—Michael DeHaven, Bazaarvoice
Quote of the day: Heather Lloyd-Martin, Successworks, on why eCommerce companies should develop content that serves users’ needs, instead of just pushing products from their own perspectives: “People want quarter-inch holes, not quarter-inch drills.”