diTii.com Digital News Hub

Sign up with your email address to be the first to know about latest news and more.

I agree to have my personal information transfered to MailChimp (more information)


SAMBA vs. Microsoft real Issues

What most Microsofties vs the Open Source adherents seem to have missed in all the drek passed back and forth is that Microsoft was taken to court in the US and the EU on its monopolist practices. The EU forced Microsoft to comply with the disclosure of source it required for “inter-operability” between Microsoft’s OS and the rest of the OS world. That was something the DoJ flying monkeys in Washington DC couldn’t seem to understand and that it was the important legal precedent needed to allow ALL operating systems to be able to communicate with each other.

SAMBA compatibility for Microsoft’s OS seems to finally gotten through to the idiots’ brains in MS’s legal department as something that might actually be good for Microsoft. What it means is that the last 10% of computers in the world that won’t be running Microsoft software will now hopefully be able to talk to Microsoft OS images on the other 90% of the world’s computers. DUH! That is what is truly significant here.

What Microsoft has to understand is that cooperating with organized open source programmers is good for them. They can learn from a programmer culture that is NOT Redmond-centered and can learn something new and perhaps even better than what the droids in Redmond can do.

Full Article

Microsoft, Samba, Operating System, Web OS, Open-Source, Open Source

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

Get Latest News

Subscribe to Digital News Hub

Get our daily newsletter about the latest news in the industry.
First Name
Last Name
Email address
Secure and Spam free...