Brian walk us through the installation process of Mac OS X Leopard on an MSI Wind netbook — just watch the embedded video and follow those steps, or simply follow below mentioned steps.
First, you need to download the hacked operating system, then download and install a copy of OSX86 Tools. Here’re the steps the steps of how to put the OS on a USB flash drive (at least 4GB) to copy it onto the netbook.
(Disclaimer: The following process potentially violates Apple’s End User License Agreement for Mac OS X. To be polite, ensure you own a copy of Mac OS X Leopard if you wish to follow the procedure.)
- Launch the Disk Utility app in your Utilities folder. Select your USB drive, and under the Erase tab choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Select the Partition tab, then click Options and select Master Boot Record. Select OK and then hit Apply.
- With the USB drive selected in Disk Utility, select the Restore tab. For Source, choose the image file of the hacked OS X (MSIWindosx86.iso). For Destination, choose your USB drive. Then click Restore.
- Launch OSX86 Tools. Click Install EFI/Run FDISK. Install the tools, then select “Run Script.” A Terminal window will open. Type in your administrator password. Then enter 4 to run Chameleon EFI. Then follow the directions listed in the Terminal window to install the code onto your USB drive.
- Eject your USB drive. Now insert it into the MSI Wind. Hold down F11 when booting up the Wind and choose your USB drive as the startup disk.
- The OS X installer will launch. When you reach Install Summary, make sure to click on Customize, choose Patches and uncheck Kernel.
- Run the install, then reboot and you’ve got OS X on your Wind!