In the Microsoft software update news this week — First up, the Dynamics AX Sustained Engineering made available of Rollup 8 for Process Industries 3.1 for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Service Pack 1.
For more information on Rollup 8 and to download, please refer to the following knowledge base articles.
- KB2677618: Rollup 8 for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 SP1
- KB2678990: Rollup 8 for Process Industries 3.1 for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 SP1
- KB2678991: Rollup 8 for Project Time Management for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 SP1
- KB2678992: Rollup 8 for Professional Services Automation for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 SP1
Also, Microsoft released Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 7 on Thursday, March 22, 2011. You can download UR7 of Dynamcis CRM 2011 from the Microsoft Download Center, and read Knowledge Base Article KB2600643 for more information.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM SDK Version 5.0.10 is now live on MSDN downloads and on the MSDN library. Here’re some additions and updates included in this release:
- Updated assemblies for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 7.
- New performance information about retaining a service proxy instance throughout an application’s session and about allowing the system to generate GUIDs for better performance.
- A new topic with guidance about two types of read-only forms: the new read-optimized forms included in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 7 and the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook reading pane.
- Updated sample code to include a demonstration of the following messages: RetrieveAttributeChangeHistoryRequest and RetrieveAuditDetailsRequest.
- Updated sample code to demonstrate how to retrieve the members of a list without specifying the entity type for the list member, such as a lead, contact, or account.
- Added a new sample to show how to retrieve PrincipalObjectAttributeAccess (secured field access) records.
- Added a new sample showing how to retrieve records that are related to a specified record. In this sample, the opportunities are rolled up by their parent account.
- Updated the walkthrough and added a new sample that demonstrates how to create a workflow in code.
- Updated the Deployment Web Service sample code to correct an authentication problem and added a Visual Basic version of the sample code in the download package.
- See the complete list of new and updated samples and links to all the new topics in the Release History on the first page.
The March 2012 Cumulative Update (CU5 HF2) for Microsoft Lync 2010 and Lync Server 2010 now available for download. Here are the links: