Restartable Active Directory, it is one of the new cool features of Active Directory Services in Windows Longhorn Server. With Beta 3 due mid March (but only to a closed group) and the final release due for the final quarter of 2007 this is one feature that administrators have been waiting for.
Restartable Active Directory
- Restart Active Directory without rebooting
- Can be done through command line and MMC
- Can’t boot the DC to stopped mode of Active Directory
- No effect on non-related services while restarting Active Directory
- Several ways to process login under stopped mode
Microsoft, Windows Longhorn Server, Active Directory