As a Windows developer, you’re accustomed to choice when it comes to your development experience. Luckily, Windows API surface for providing animations is broad. You can apply animation techniques whether you’re an old-school native code developer or if you’re creating RIAs via Silverlight or HTML or if you prefer .NET framework and WPF.
In addition, all of these techniques can be applied unconditionally. As a developer you don’t have to target specific capabilities of the underlying hardware. Your app is written in a consistent manner, and the animation abstractions provide the best support they can for whatever capabilities exist.
- Windows Animation Manager
- Windows Animation Overview
- Windows Animation Samples
- Hilo: Developing C++ Applications for Windows 7
- Silverlight Animation Overview
- WPF Animation Overview
- Internet Explorer 9 Beta Guide: HTML5 Canvas Element
- Internet Explorer 9 Beta Guide: CSS3 2D Transforms
- Beauty of the Web
- Canvas Pinball