Google over the weekend begin rolling out refreshed UI design of Google Play store for the web.
The redesigned user interface now uses AJAX, with the modern Roboto font, is responsive with full page applications, larger thumbnails, transitions are smoother now.
Google Play site is now consistent with the mobile app, the site shows less content at a glance, and you have to scroll more, click more, using the new navigation arrows.
Also, the Google Effects app is now using the new APIs announced at I/O 2013. The Google Effects app, which brings fun overlays and sounds to Hangouts, today adds a number of new features:
- “Background effects: Now you can blur your background in the video feed or replace it with a beautiful image. Hangout from a beach or glacier without leaving your living room!
- Launch at startup: You now have the option to automatically launch the Effects app when you start a Hangout. We also remember which background and overlays you like the most,” informs Google.
Also, you can now mute all Google+ posts from a person or page. This feature works with even if someone is in multiple circles. “If you add someone to multiple circles and at least one of the circles has the “Show posts in Home stream” setting unchecked, you’ll no longer see his posts in the Home stream.”
Here is how to do it:
- Create a new circle. You can call it Muted.
- Add the people and pages you want to mute.
- Go to your Google+ stream, click “More” below the search box and select the circle you’ve created.
- Click the wheel icon from the “In this circle” box and uncheck “Show posts in Home stream”.
- You can add other people later to the Muted circle. You can also mute other circles or just pick “Amount: Fewer” from the settings menu instead of hiding all the posts.
In search tip, you can now tap the microphone on your Google Search app and ask, “What are the rides at Cedar Point?”–which than show you a scrolling carousel of rides. And to learn facts like the max speed, height, duration and more, you click on one.