Yahoo! launched redesigned, more organized and streamlined Search Results Pages to make the Yahoo! Search experience easier while serving the most relevant content. The following changes are available now on the Web, Images, Video, News, Blogs, Finance and Sports search results pages:
- A cleaner and simplistic look and feel that helps you find what is most important to you and to enable you to take action faster.
- Automatic Tabs will appear right below the Search box to give you the specialized content you may be looking for on our other vertical search results pages. The tabs that may appear, based on the search results content, are Web, Images, Video, News, Blogs, Finance and Sports.
- Filters on the left side of the results will appear, for sorting results by time and related searches.
The query-aware tabs make it easier for you to dive into a specific vertical search experience, such as the sports search results page. The related athletes filter on the left, combined with sports videos results on the right, also enhance this results page. (see pic 1 below)
The improved News search results page will also include filters on the left for news sources, as well as news videos to the right of the search results. (pic 2 below)
In addition to the above changes, Yahoo also added following to the Image search results pages:
- A larger pool of Facebook images to also include public profiles and fan pages
- A richer “Latest” pictures experience from across even more Yahoo! content
- Better recommendations at the end of galleries
In the example below, the search query [President Obama]brings you the latest, most relevant pictures to the top, and indicates how long ago each image was published. For the same query, you can also click on “Facebook” on the left rail to get the most popular public Facebook albums.
If you type in “[sunset],” you will now get amazing galleries from Yahoo! News, Flickr and omg! surface. You’ll also see an end-of-gallery page with more recommendations for continued searching.
On the video search results page, Yahoo also feature videos from across various Yahoo! Properties, in addition to the top web videos.