Andrew Sutherland has created and launched Quizlet, a site for learning vocabulary. Quizlet is a mootools based application, and is subtle in its use of the framework. It gives you tools to study vocabulary words that you enter.
Here’s how it works:
- You enter a vocabulary list of any words or data you want. (ex. SAT words, history dates, French-Spanish translations, etc.)
- Quizlet gives you a specialized learning mode, flashcards, randomly-generated tests, and collaboration tools for classmates to help you study those words.
- You ace your test.
Here are some neat features:
- Quizlet keeps track of the words you know and only retests you on the ones you don’t.
- You can share your word sets with classmates and get email notification when others make sets for you.
- You can import words from a file without having to retype them into Quizlet.
- Quizlet has accent buttons for typing letters in foreign languages.
- You can discuss sets (and gossip about teachers!) with classmates via instant discussion boxes.
- Quizlet works in any language. If you can type it into your keyboard, you can study it on Quizlet.
Quizlet, Mootools, Vocabulary, Learning+Site