Protopage has announded on their blog about the release of V3 their personal portal. The new Protopage V3 consists of the following brand new features:
- An internal news feed reader with keyboard shortcuts and multi-feed display
Special news feed widget modes
- Cartoon mode: see the largest image from any particular feed as a single image, which is perfect for cartoon news feeds.
- Thumbnail mode: see thumbnail grids of not only Flickr/photo feeds, but of any news feed.
- Video podcast support
- Audio podcast support, with integrated podcast player
- Brand new color theme engine, with free choice of color combinations, wallpapers and background patterns
- Multi-category color coded tabs with instant page sharing: You can now organize your page by creating tabs and categories. If you want to use Protopage as a quick and easy web page publishing tool, you can make your tabs public so that the whole world can see them. You can also assign passwords to groups of tabs so that only certain people will be able to view or edit them.
- Drag and drop multi-level todo lists: A hierarchical todo list, with edit-in-place and drag-and-drop – not only within lists but between different todo list widgets.
- Widget showcase and developer API, launching with 270 new widgets: Protopage launches with 270 preloaded widgets, including 96 games, 71 finance widgets and 26 sports score widgets.
- Widgetbrowser with previews and new calendar, clock, comment box and Protopuppy widgets: It’s now easier than ever before to add new content and widgets to your Protopage. There are wizards for adding news feeds, podcasts, video podcasts, cartoon feeds and photo thumbnail feeds, as well as a directory of hundreds of news publications and blogs to choose from.
- Edit-in-place sticky notes: No more clicking the ‘edit’ button to change a sticky note! You can now simply click to edit the text directly inside the widget. (Note: This only works for our new plain-text sticky notes. If you use a Rich Text / HTML sticky note, you still need to use the ‘edit’ button so that you can use all of the Rich Text formatting control buttons and options).
- Integrated search box with 750 preloaded search engines: For quick access to your favourite search engines, such as Wikipedia, you can use the new search box in the top right corner of your Protopage. You can choose from our directory of built in search engines, or add your own.
- Internet Explorer 6, 7, Firefox 1, 2, Opera 9 and Safari 2 browser support: With the introduction of support for the Opera browser, you can now even view your Protopage on your Nintento Wii!
- Mac users: we highly recommend you use the either the Firefox or Opera browser for the best Protopage experience.
Protopage V3 Released, Protopage.com