Reach people ready to take action with new targeting updates
Pinterest introduces the ability to target people based on Pinterest engagements and also expanding targeting people who visit your website.
Engagements Retargeting, let you use Pinterest to effectively target people who have interacted with your Pins in a variety of ways including (saving, or clicking). “For example, if someone saved your after school snack ideas, you can retarget them in the future with birthday party treats,” Pinterest expalined.
The company noted, “When someone engages with a Pin, they are demonstrating an intent to spend in the future, and they are 2.2x more likely to make a purchase in the next 30 days than those who don’t engage.”
Pinterest tag help you reach those engaging with your brand on your own website.
With the new Pinterest tag, “we’ve expanded the data you can use to retarget people who have visited your website,” compnay said.
The Pinterest tag identifies 9 events allowing you to target people in more creative and effective ways. Here are the events:
- “Signup: People who have signed up for your product or service.
- Add to Cart: People who have added items to your shopping cart.
- Checkout: People who have completed a purchase.
- Page Visits: People who have visited one of your primary pages (e.g., a product page or article).
- View Category: People who have visited your category pages.
Search: People who have searched on your website for products or store locations.
- Watch Video: People who have watched your videos.
- Lead: People who have shown interest in your product or service.
- Custom: A special event you want to include in your conversion reporting,” via pinterest Guide.
Actalikes. Recently renamed lookalikes to “actalikes” help you identify and target your most valuable customers. “Because the audiences you target on Pinterest don’t just look similar, they act similar too,” the company said.
“With actalikes you can scale your campaigns, while retargeting can help you drive performance.”
Pinterest notes, these targeting features will be rolling out across all Marketing Developer Partners soon.
Also, in the coming weeks, visitor retargeting will be updating to support these new events.